Go to main content

Checklist for starting a restaurant, cafe, food truck or other food service

When you start a restaurant or other business that serves food, you need to apply for a permit and contact the authorities. The permits and authority contacts are different, depending on what you intend to do.

Please note that this checklist is only available in Swedish.

Perhaps you want to serve alcohol or sell tobacco, play music and offer a dance floor, have slot machines or an outdoor terrace. Each case requires different measures from you, and this is also the case if you want to put up signs, have camera surveillance or need to rebuild the premises.

In your personal checklist, you can fill in what you plan to do in your business and get a summary of which permits you need to apply for and which authorities to contact.

You find all your saved checklists at My checklists.