Go to main content

Wind up a community association

To dissolve or liquidate a community association.

Wind up or dissolve a community association:

  • When the community(s) that the association manages ceases to exist. 
  • If the members agree on this and if the County Administrative Board allows the association to be dissolved. 
  • If the Land Survey, in connection with a review procedure, orders that the community association be dissolved.

The dissolution cannot be carried out until the association has paid all its debts or deposited money to pay the debts with the County Administrative Board. When the community association is dissolved, the association's board must ensure that this is notified for registration at the Land Registry.

Change information in the Joint Property Association Register at the Land Survey

Reduction of money at the County Administration Board (in Swedish)